Items can always be added to the Logiwa system one by one. If you need a bulk option, you can use the Import Item by Excel option to either:
- Import more than 1 item at once
- Update items that were imported before
This article covers how to import products using the Logiwa-provided Excel template as well as some troubleshooting suggestions if you have issues with the process.
Import Products Step-by-step
- Microsoft Excel
- Product information
Screen Path: WMS → Setup → Item Setup → Item
To begin, open the Item tab in Logiwa. At the bottom of the screen, there is a blue download/upload icon. Click this to choose your two options:
Download the Excel Template to continue. Open it in Microsoft Excel, as opening it in other programs may cause errors during upload.
Red fields on the Template are mandatory. Not filling them in will create errors. Blue fields are not required. You can now enter your product information. If you need assistance with this process, please contact the Support Team.
Once you have completed the Excel Template, save the file under any name. Return to the Item page in Logiwa and click the blue download/upload button once again.
To upload the saved file, click the Import Item By Excel, select the file, and import.
If the upload is successful, a pop-up will give you an Import Key. Make a note of this key by copying it for your records. You can use it to search for the batch you just uploaded. Learn more below.
Search by Import Key
To check the items within an import batch, you will use the Import Key generated at the end of a successful upload.
To begin, start on the the Item tab. Select the gray Edit Layout button.
A pop-up will appear. Select the blue Field Design button.
Another menu will open. In this menu, scroll down to the Import Key section. Hover over the Import Key section until the typing cursor appears. Once this cursor appears, click to edit this section.
Once editing is enabled, select the 2 check boxes and hit OK.
The screen will reload with the Import Key search field now showing.
You may now search as usual by copying and pasting the key for the batch of items you uploaded into the Import Key field.
If there is a problem with your Template, it will not import any of the data and show a yellow Warning or Error message. Here are a few suggestions for avoiding or fixing these errors. Please pay close attention to the error message you receive, as it will help you troubleshoot.
- Make sure you are using Microsoft Excel's latest version
- Check that your template does not have any additional sheets within it; it should only have one
- The Enter character is not allowed by the system, so please make sure it is not used in your data
- If you are receiving a message about the parameters needing to be between a number value (-32768 to 32,767), try resaving the file, logging out, and logging back in again
- If the error message below, or one similar, appears, there is an issue with a specific column and row of the data. Make sure that each field is correctly filled in with either numbers or text. If you have checked that each field is filled in correctly, please reach out for support for additional information on what to change.
Couldn’t Find What You Were Looking For?
Write to our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Getting Started, Product, SKU, Item