There are cases where a product can be shipped as an alternative to another.
When the quantity of the requested item is unavailable, you may want to send a substitute item to the customer. Logiwa supports this business by automating during the allocation process.
What Is Available?
- Defining more than 1 substitute items to a product. (There is no limit here.)
- Auto allocate the available substitute product when the actual product is not available
This function is only available for the Enterprise package customers
What Is Unavailable?
- Substitution is only available for the UOM of the product. If the product is ordered from higher packages, substitution is not supported
In order to use this function, you will need to create/add item detail categories with the Item Import pattern (For each substitute item batches, you need to match the related items)
NOTE: Before using this function, please get in touch with the Logiwa support team. They will activate this setup on your shipment order type(s).
NOTE 2: You can set up to sync the inventory levels by summing up all substitute items quantity as a total. (If you want to use this function on the store(s), please get in touch with the Logiwa support team, they will make the changes for you.)
Matching The Substitute Products
Screen Path: WMS > Setup > Item Setup > Item
In order to match the substitute items, you should go to the Item screen and use the "Import Item by Excel" button.
Add the same "Item Detail Category" info for the substitutable items and afterward, import the excel file via "Import Item by Excel" button.
After adding the item detail categories to the items, these items can be substituted.
For example, if you have a shipment order that includes the TESTITEM_1 and if there is no available inventory for TESTITEM_1, TESTITEM_2 or TESTITEM_3 will be allocated for this order.
If a substitute item is used for an order, this substitute item is listed on the pick list, job pick list and consolidated picklist.
To make this process clear, the process is explained below with the sample order.
On the original order detail, 13 units of ITEMTEST_1 and 7 units of ITEMTEST_4 are requested.
- ITEMTEST_1 has substitutable items, which are ITEMTEST_2 and ITEMTEST_3. (Please see the screenshot above)
- ITEMTEST_2 has substitutable items, which are ITEMTEST_4 and ITEMTEST_5. (Please see the screenshot above)
The original inventories for these items as below.
As you can see,
- 10 units of ITEMTEST_1 are available but the requested quantity for this item is 13. In this case, we need to substitute 3 of them with the ITEMTEST_2 or ITEMTEST_3.
- There is no available inventory for the ITEMTEST_4. In this case, we need to substitute all of the requested quantity with the ITEMTEST_5 and ITEMTEST_6.
When allocating this order, the picking tasks will be created with the substitute items for the unavailable quantities.
- The missing 3 quantity for the ITEMTEST_1 is supplied with the ITEMTEST_2.
- The missing 7 quantity for the ITEMTEST_4 is supplied with the ITEMTEST_5 and ITEMTEST_6.
When all the operations are completed on Logiwa, while syncing the shipment info to the stores, order lines will be updated for the requested items.
Syncing The Inventories
If you want to sync the inventories to the stores as the total quantity of the substitutable items, you need yo contact with Logiwa support team. Afterward, your inventories will be synced according to the substitute item relations.
- The total quantity for the SUB_1 group is 19. There is no inventory for the ITEMTEST_1 but ITEMTEST_2 and ITEMTEST_3.
When syncing the available inventories for the ITEMTEST_1, ITEMTEST_2 and ITEMTEST_3, the total available quantity will be sent as 19.
- The total quantity for the SUB_2 group is 1. There is no inventory for the ITEMTEST_4 and ITEMTEST_5 but ITEMTEST_6.
When syncing the available inventories for the ITEMTEST_4, ITEMTEST_5 and ITEMTEST_6, the total available quantity will be sent as 1.
Please see the screenshot from the Shopify store. Inventories will be synced for the items which have the listing channel ID relation.
If you do not want to sync all of the items' inventories to the stores, you can disable the items' listing channel ID records for the inventory sync.
Couldn’t Find What You Were Looking For?
Write to our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org