When shipping internationally, a customs declaration form is required. On the customs declaration form, all contents of your package are listed.
Logiwa sends the customs declaration information to the carriers, and this form will be downloaded with the carrier label.
The required fields for the customs declaration form are below.
- Country of origin
- HS Code (Harmonization Code)
- Sales Unit Price
- Line Item Code
- Line Item Description
These mandatory fields can be added by downloading products from the stores, importing the products on Logiwa or adding them via Item screen.
Screen Path: WMS-> Setup-> Item Setup-> Item
- If the "Item Description" length is bigger than 50 characters, Logiwa sends the first 50 characters to the carriers. (Because of the US Customs Form maximums)
- If the "Item Code" length is bigger than the carrier's allowed limit, Logiwa cannot parcel out the "Item Code". Because the item code represents a unique value and it cannot be changed randomly. To avoid getting an error from the carriers due to item code length, you can use the "Customs Description" field. If the "Customs Description" field is filled, this value will be sent to the carrier instead of the "Item Code".
- Although the "Harmonized Codes" are not mandatory for all carriers, the 6-10 digit numbered "Harmonized Codes" will help to avoid getting errors permanently.
- If the item's "Sales Unit Price" is filled, this value will be sent to the carriers. If this value is empty then the price value will be found to the shipment order's detail.
- The country of origin is mandatory for international orders. If the "Default Country of Origin" is filled, this value will be sent to the carriers. If this value is empty and the "Default country of Origin" is defined on the carrier management screen then this value will be sent.
Screen Path: Entity-> Carrier Management
Couldn’t Find What You Were Looking For?
Write to our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org