1) Label Printing Performance Improvement
We are constantly working on improving our screen and process performance. The label printing process is faster than ever, it is 25 times faster.
This change is available for UPS, FedEx, Endicia, Stamps, and DHL Express carriers currently but, we will work for the other carriers.
2) Performance Improvements
We are also working on improving our operational screens' and reports' performance.
The Order Operations screen is 5 times faster!
The packing station is %60 faster now!
All other search screens' performance is also %15-20 faster now.
Logiwa Smart Order routing determines which inventory sources to use to fulfill order items. You are now able to use your order routing algorithms while importing the orders via an excel sheet or Open API!
This function will be available on Open API as of the 23rd of September.
You are also able to use your automation rules while importing the orders via an excel sheet or Open API! Logiwa will check your rules and apply them to the orders automatically.
This function will be available on Open API as of the 23rd of September.
5) Continuation Pages for Endicia Commercial Invoices
The commercial invoices are merged to carrier labels for Endicia international shipments. In these labels, only the first five order items are displayed. Endicia has Continuation Pages for commercial invoices and all shipped items are displayed on these pages. Logiwa is now able to print those documents if the order has more than five lines.
- You are now able to add triggers by using days of weeks and also add triggers based on time of the Order Date. For example, you can set a rule like that, "If the Order Date is Thursday and if the Order Time is smaller than 3.00 PM, use Saturday Delivery" Learn More
- Refunded status control is added for Shopify stores. If you toggle on the Get Refunded Orders and Mark as Cancelled If Order Exists in Logiwa on your store connection, the refunded statuses will be downloaded and the orders will be canceled on Logiwa.
- Suggest Another button's location is changed on the Putaway screen to improve the screen usage. Learn More
- A new control is added for UPS MI labels. If you don't want to generate carrier labels if there is no rate info found on the Custom Carrier Rate records for the order, toggle off the Enable label print when UPS-MI rate does not exist on your carrier setup. After disabling this toggle, if there is no rate info found for the order, you will receive an error message.
- All notes fields are added to the Carrier Dynamic References and you can print those notes values on your carrier labels. Learn More
- Price calculations on the commercial invoices are changed. If the order line has discount info, the price info will be sent to the carriers by using this formula: "Sales Unit Price - Sales Unit Discount" Learn More
- Now, we will download the Notes values while getting the orders from eBay.
- Carrier Package Type action is added to the Automation Rules. You are now able to set the shipping box to your orders based on the triggers that you want!
- Some operational improvements are applied to the Mobile - Receipt screen, Multi-Location Receiving function. While receiving the products to different locations, you can also put the items to the totes/LPs. If the scanned LP doesn't exist on Logiwa, a new field will appear under this field and asks you to scan the location. After scanning the location, the receiving will be completed to the scanned location and LP. Learn More
- We didn't download the Company Name info while downloading the orders from WooCommerce. This issue has been fixed.
- There was a problem with QB Online get items method. If the SKU is empty, we couldn't download the item. Now, we will create the items with QB FullyQualifiedName value.
- There is an issue with the auto-shipping process of the orders. We were not able to ship some orders automatically, even if the client setup requires auto-shipping. The problem has been detected and fixed.
- There was a missing control on the WooCommerce get orders method. We couldn't download some orders if the Channel Item Number was not sent properly. The problem has been fixed.
- There was a missing mapping on the QB Desktop, send shipment orders method. While creating the other stores' orders on QB as invoices, we couldn't send the kit item's price values. This issue has been fixed.
- There are some problems with CartRover integration. We couldn't get the items and/or orders in some cases. Those problems have been fixed.
- There is a problem with the QB Online send shipment info method. If the customer name contains an apostrophe, we were now able to send the shipment info for those customers. This issue has been fixed.
- We couldn't save the rate values that are returned from GSO. This issue has been fixed.
- We have a parameter that allows you to use our mobile screens without scanning the barcodes or without hitting the enter(next) button, you can manage your operations only entering the values for each field. But there were some problems with this parameter and it didn't work as expected. These issues have been fixed. If you want to use this function, please contact Logiwa Support, they will change your setup.
- There was a problem with the Packing station when the Single Item Order packing and Print Labels For Every Items toggles are used together. We couldn't generate the carrier labels in this case. This issue has been fixed.
- There was a problem with the DHL eCommerce and DHL Express DDP/DDU functionality on the packing screen. If the order doesn't have the payor info for taxes and duties, we were charging these to the sender (DDP). Now, this is fixed. If the order doesn't have the payor info for taxes and duties, we will charge it to the recipient(DDU) automatically.
- There was an issue with the Packing station. If the client's setup requires scanning the Package Type instead of choosing from the dropdown list, we couldn't fill the package type that is already set to the order. This issue has been fixed.
- There was a problem with ShipStation get orders method. If the item alias(barcode) is sent as SKU while downloading the orders, we couldn't recognize the product and create a new one. This issue has been fixed.
- The "Call usage limit has been reached" error was occurring on some eBay requests and not allowing sending the shipment info to the stores. This issue has been fixed.
- There was a problem with the Create Batch Job button. If the selected Special Selection Criteria is zone-based bu no zone is selected from the list, we couldn't allocate the orders. This issue has been fixed.
- We didn't send the Planned Ship Date and Planned Pickup Date values to Amazon for Prime orders. Now, these values will be sent to Amazon and the suitable shipment methods will be listed on the grid.
- While generating the labels for American Samoa, Micronesia, and Northern Mariana Islands' orders, if the country is set as the "United States", FedEx and UPS do not allow to create labels for those orders. The country should be changed as "American Samoa", "Micronesia" or "Northern Mariana Islands" for them. Logiwa has applied a solution for those orders and now, even if an order's country is the "United States", you will be able to generate labels by using FedEx or UPS. Also, Endicia and Stamps assume these orders as domestic orders and we can manage these orders as domestic orders for these carriers, as well. Learn More
- There was an issue with the Automation Rules, Store trigger. This trigger was not working properly. This issue has been fixed.
- The Get Inbound Labels With Orders toggle was not working properly for the Amazon FBA orders. This issue has been fixed.
- If the same item is sent on more than one line from the stores, we couldn't merge these lines on the Return Receipt screen and it was causing problems. This issue has been fixed.